At present I wish to introduce to you one of the successful free to play - games: the double Golden Joystick - winner "League of Legends" by Riot Games!
League of Legends is a MOBA-Game (Multiplayer Online Battle Area), which is oriented towards the well-known Warcraft three - Map "Defense of the Ancients".
For many who by no means performed DotA (are there any?) and who don't know the game idea I'll explain it in detail:
League of Legends doesn't put high necessities in your PCs. You want not less than:
- processor with 2 GHz - 1 GB RAM, - DirectX 9.0 capable video card, - 750 MB free onerous disk area, - DSL or related
Create an account either on the server EU West, EU Nordic/East or US, relying on where you live. It's also possible to create an account on US whereas residing in Europe but you'll experience increased pings then. I provide you with a hyperlink to create an account in my creator's bio. Choose a name (always the hardest part) and a nice image and off you go!
There are 2 groups 5 gamers (there are more game modes, but they are not vital at first because as a newbie you need to start with 5vs5 to learn the gameplay). Earlier than every match you all select a "champion" who's the character you need to use in battle. Dependant on your private preferendes it may be e.g. an undead mage, a large granite golem, somewhat boy riding on a Yeti, a brave knight and plenty of more.All in all there are more than 80 (!) totally different champions and each second week one is added.
Each champions has four totally different talents (three normal and one further sturdy, the "Ultimate") and a passive, which he has for the reason that beginning. You study the talents by leveling up ingame and your max champion level is 18 which suggests that you've 5 points in every normal means and 3 in your ultimate.
You receive expertise for levelling up by:
1. Being near when enemy minions or impartial monsters are killed by your troops (it's not essential to kill them yourself!)
2. killing or assisting to kill enemy champions
To start with you usually play no matter you like, later it's useful to communicate with your teammembers earlier than the match begins so that you've a balanced setup and not 5 champions of the identical kind.
The completely different sorts of champions are roughly:
1. Mages ("AP Carries": AP means capability power, they mainly deal magical damage with their talents)
2. Fighters ("AD Carries": AD means Attack Harm, they primarily deal physical injury with their autoattacks)
3. Tanks (They are arduous to kill and defend their own carries, for instance by beautiful or taunting the enemies)
4. Supports (They have both buffs or heals to assist their carries and maintain them alive)
5. Junglers (They don't begin in the lane however within the jungle and support their teammates by ganking and ambushing the enemies)
The interesting level is: Relying on the objects you equip in your champions they're usually able to fulfill totally different roles!
At first you do not have own champions, however each week there are 10 free ones which everybody can use. After some matches you can buy more champions with influence factors (IP) in the shop. I'll come to this later.
The map has 3 different lanes, which lead from your individual to the enemy base. On these lanes there are several Towers which it's essential to destroy earlier than you can attack the base itself. As a help your main constructing ("Nexus") spawns minion waves in short intervals which assist you in fights. Between the lanes there may be the "jungle", the place neutral monsters are located. Should you kill these you receive gold and/or non permanent buffs.
As quickly because the match begins everybody has a couple of minute to spend his beginning capital on gadgets within the shop.
This does not take long since you do not have much gold in the beginning. There are alternative ways to earn gold within the game:
1. Everyone receives gold over time
2. Killing enemy minions or neutral monsters (right here it is important to give them the ultimate blow, the so referred to as "lasthitting")
3. Killing or assisting to kill enemy champions
4. Destroying enemy buildings (towers and inhibitors -> destroying them makes your minions stronger)
5. There are several gadgets which grant you further income (the so called gold/5 gadgets -> they give you 1 gold every 5 seconds)
In case you destroy the enemy major constructing (Nexus) your team wins. For being able to attack the Nexus, however, you need to destroy all three towers and the inhibitor on at the very least one lane and the 2 towers which protect the Nexus. So it is not the most effective concept to hunt the enemy champions 24/7 in the event you don't push the lanes on the identical time. An average match takes 30-45 minutes, hardly ever greater than an hour. As quickly as the match reaches minute 20 additionally it is potential to surrender.
More game modes are a 3vs3 and a pretty new domination map ("Dominion") where you have to capture and defend sure points. As well as there are ranked modes for gamers with summoner level 30 (explanation follows) during which you obtain an Elo rely depending on your wins and losses. For newcomers I highly suggest the normal 5vs5 map!
The summonersleague of legends shirt
of Legends also has an RPG part. You do not only select a reputation and an image for yourself (you are a so called "summoner", don't combine it up with the "champions") but you are also able to degree up yourself and buy small buffs with Affect Factors (IP).